ATK K08.2W Titanium U Springs with Rolling In System come standard on the Hagan Ultra World Cup and can be used to upgrade or replace worn traditional U springs.
The ROLLING-IN® SYSTEM improves ease of use and prevents wear and tear of the titanium “U” spring.
- ROLLING-IN SYSTEM®: Upgraded with rotating steel bushings, the “U” springs provide much easier step-in easy even in fresh snow conditions where stomping into the bindings can be difficult. The Rolling In System also eliminates wear and tear on the contact surface of titanium spring.
- The “U” spring is shaped out of titanium for extreme lightness combined with strength.
- RACE SETTING: the vertical release (My) of the U Springs are fixed at a certain value defined in the years by our athletes team to be the best balance between safety and stability.
Regular and Lightweight Options:
K08.2W "regular" springs approximately My 9.
K08.3W "lightweight" springs approximately My 6.
There are two reasons to upgrade to the Rolling In System U Springs:
- Much easier step in making for faster and easier transitions.
- They last longer. Much longer.
Expensive, but a very worthwhile upgrade!
ATK replacement U-Springs for Hagan Ultra World Cup and ATK SL World Cup and other bindings come in sets of two.
- 2 TITANIUM “U” SPRINGS with Rolling In System
- 2 “NEW DESIGN” CLAMPING SCREWS
- 0 of the STANDARD CLAMPING SCREWS pictured in the photo
The "lightweight" version are called "lightweight" not because they are lighter than the regular titanium U Springs found on the HAGAN Ultra World Cup bindings, but because the retention value is lighter. The standard titanium U Springs release value is approximately 8 or 9, while the "lightweight" version is approximately 5 or 6. the Side notches on the lightweight version enable the springs to flex and release at a lower force level. (No claim of DIN value is made.)
So the "lightweight" name applies more to the skiers who may want to use these U springs -- lightweight skiers!