The Ultra 82's width profile sits square in the middle of all-mountain, all-conditions ski touring. Let's be frank, wide skis are great in 12+ inches of blower powder, but in hard or variable snow conditions (or on groomers, for Pete's sake), wide skis make for lumbering ascents and perform worse on the descents. Except in deep powder, wide skis don't create easier ski touring, they make worse ski touring. Bigger isn't better. You don't need the training wheels. Ditch the wide skis if less than 75% of your day will be in fresh powder. Hey, if you are fortunate enough to have multiple sets of skis, get a set of our Boost 97s or Boost 107s for those 5% of days with bottomless light and dry powder. For the other 95% of your ski touring days get skis that are going to be more enjoyable. Get the highly awarded HAGAN Ultra 82s!
Not just a wider version of the Ultra 76, the Ultra 82 is a wider version on steroids! The Ultra 82, like the 76, delivers precisely what is expected from a high performance alpine touring ski – extreme edge grip, speed and agility. Pumped up with a carbon fiber base layer and carbon fiber stringers embedded in the top layer for extra snap, this performance monster carves like an orthopedic surgeon.
The Ultra 82 embodies everything that ambitious ski tourers want and require in a high-performance ski. At only 1,080 grams in the 164 cm length, the Ultra 82 is a lightweight on the ascent and a heavyweight performer on the descent. The micro-ABS sidewall with carbon stringers provide supreme downhill performance — even in challenging snow conditions. With the Ultra 82 you are supremely well equipped for high speed excursions in mixed terrain and snow conditions.
Light tour rocker ensures excellent lift and supports the initiation of quick turns. Carbon stringers run from tip to tail to help reduce chatter and provide a smooth flex. Slightly less opaque than the Ultra 76, subtly revealing the carbon stringers, the Ultra 86's classy, understated graphic design is a real eye catcher on the piste or après-ski.
Can't believe a ski this small and light can ski that good? Try it. Be prepared for a lot of gushing.
|Weight||1,080 grams in the 164 cm length|
|Lengths||152, 158, 164, 170, 176 cm|
|Rocker||250 mm tip tour rocker|
|Core||Ultra light Paulownia|
|Turning Radius||Multiradius 16-18-19|
|Construction||Carbon Top and Bottom Layers, Diamond Edge Cap, Micro ABS Sidewalls|
|Base||High Molecular Sintered PE-Base with stone ground finish|
|Target Group||Ultra Light Touring|
|Recommended Length||Body height minus 5 cm|