TROFEO is a new entry in the ATK race collection, characterized by the usual ATK quality and performance, at an aggressive price. Simplicity, lightness, strength, reliability and safety make it the best companion for pre-dawn and evening training, those just getting into ski mountaineering racing, as well as the toughest descents in the high mountains.
The simplified toe piece is modeled after the SL EVO WORLD CUP one, maximizing torsional rigidity and structural soundness, while the heel piece derives from the SLR RELEASE, with a goal of simplification and absolute minimalism.
The TROFEO binding is offered in 4 levels of defined vertical and lateral release, driven by the steel “U” spring and a spring system housed into the heel part:
TROFEO 4: pre-calibrated fixed VERTICAL & SIDE release at value 4
TROFEO 6: pre-calibrated fixed VERTICAL & SIDE release at value 6
TROFEO 8: pre-calibrated fixed VERTICAL & SIDE release at value 8
TROFEO 10: pre-calibrated fixed VERTICAL & SIDE release at value 10
The toe part introduces the new EASY ENTRY SYSTEM, a patented system that creates extremely quick and secure boot step in and a new lever design that provides more comfortable locking and release of the toe.
The TROFEO is just 145 grams, thanks to impressive CNC machining and Monolink Technology®—toe springs only on one side! The other lever arm is solid. A polymer wheel bearing eases locking and releasing the toe piece.
- Weight: 145 grams
- Made of ultra-light aluminum with steel U-springs.
- Automatic Semi-Lock System.
- MONOLINK TECHNOLOGY 1.0: Only one of the toe arms has springs. This provides higher clamping stiffness in addition to lower weight.
- “Easy entry system” for even better boot step-in performance with extremely reactive and powerful closure and a new front lever that provides more comfortable locking and unlocking, with a "dimple" for the pole tip for using your ski pole to release the toe piece.
- Polymer wheel bearing for easy toe locking and unlocking.
- Crampon attachment slots. Integrated crampon hooks sold separately.
- Adjustable Heel Pin Cover System - easily adjust the rotation of the heel cover to your desired resistance.
- Ski leashes, ski brakes and replacement parts readily available.
- Sold in sets of two, including screws and a paper mounting template.
- The heel part offers 2 walking modes: FLAT MODE and RAISED MODE (+38 mm)
- The heel piece rotates both directions (360°) in order to reach the walking modes.
The steel “U” spring can be switched with different pre-loaded springs ( available values 4,6,8,10).
The ATK Trofeo includes slots for easy mounting and removal of crampon hooks. The optional crampon hooks pictured are sold separately. Lightweight aluminum crampons are available in four widths. 30mm and 60mm adjustment plates are also available. For inbound use, a lightweight universal ski brake (easily removable and reinstall-able) is also available.
Check and adjust the tightness of the Heel Pin Cover System periodically! Heel Pin Cover Plate rotation needs to be sufficiently tight so that the plate stays in place, either fully closed (uphill mode) or fully open (downhill mode). Adjust the tightness of the cover plate with a #10 Torx wrench. If the plate is too loose, it can rotate into a upright position, and subsequently break when a boot steps down on it.
Heel pin cover plate breakage is not covered under warranty, because it is preventable with simple regular maintenance, but we provide replacement cover plates at low cost.
R01 30mm Adjustment Plate
R04 60mm Adjustment Plate
75mm and 91mm Crampons
Replacement Heel Plates