- Alpine Touring Skis
- Ski Touring Boots
- Backcountry Ski Bindings
Kids love to ski, but don't enjoy getting too tired climbing. Make it more enjoyable for them with the Candy 5 – the lightest junior binding.
The innovative Candy 5 is an extremely light 280 grams, solidly built, reliable and easy to use binding that is perfect for kids. All the technical features are designed specifically for ultra-light users (<40 kg).See our special youth ski packages - Boost Junior skis and skins and Pure Junior boots along with the Candy 5 bindings make the perfect youth ski touring packages.
The ATK Candy 5 is designed down to the smallest detail for ultra-light skiers. It is very light, with a minimalist design and low release values of 1.5 to 5. The simplified design offers the best performance and highest quality for young ski mountaineers with high aspirations.
The 280 gram Candy 5 – including length adjustment, brakes and crampon mounts – is very light, less than half the weight of alternatives. Other bindings touting low weight or price include neither brakes or crampon mounts. The Candy 5 weighs just 240 grams with brakes removed.
The Candy 5 has a long 50mm adjustment range. Mount them towards the shorter end and there is room for 5 boot sizes of growth! For growing kids it is a great way to go. The DIN 1.5 to 5 release makes the Candy 5 ideal for kids.
Easy toe entry and quick and secure clamping is superior to standard tech bindings. The toe is designed for much easier step-in, even with older and worn boots.
The heel CAM system provides precise and reliable retention and release. The elastic response system in the heel ensures perfect flex of the ski during compression and excellent skiing performance. The heel piece can be turned in any direction. Step in is very easy.
The brake is equipped with an ELASTIC SLIDE on the pad in contact with the boot that keeps the lateral release value of the binding fixed. The brake arms are extra long with wide hooks to stop your skis quickly. Matching crampons easily slide into the crampon hooks when needed. All adjustments on the binding can be made with a standard Phillips screwdriver.
The Candy 5 perfectly embodies Hagan's prime values: durability, performance, ease of use and value. Package it with our Boost Junior skis, or shorter Pure, Ultra and Core series skis for an outstanding touring package for kids.
NOTE: The Candy 5 comes stock as pictured – I.e., without heel risers. For climbs, turn the heel piece a quarter turn (90 degrees) either way for an elevated climbing position. For steeper climbs, add the easily user installed ATK AL10 heel risers.
• Release setting range: 1.5 - 5 with independent vertical and lateral adjustment.
• The "Carbon" toe-piece design is adjusted to make it even easier to use for kids, thanks to softer springs and a larger, front lever made of POM to make it even more durable.
• The simplified heel offers two walking positions (flat, +30mm) with 50 mm of length adjustment.
• The CAM RELEASE SYSTEM offers such a soft boot step in that just a few kilograms of pressure are required to snap in.
• The Elastic Response System (12 mm of absorption) guarantees optimal functionality of the release systems.
• The rear ski brake system is available in five sizes (75, 86, 91, 97, 102 mm) and has a much softer lock button spring than the standard model.
• Ideal Ski: Weight: 700 - 1300 grams, Width: 65 - 102 mm.
INTEGRATED CRAMPON HOOKS ®: the included and removable crampon hooks integrate into the base of the toe piece for extreme rigidity and lightness!!
MATERIALS: Aluminum alloy, Injection-molded POM thermo-plastic, Stainless steel
70mm, 86mm, 91mm, 97mm and 108mm CramponsBoost Junior skis